Wednesday, October 01, 2008

New Paintings

I have finally finished two paintings that have been quite a challenge. It's work that I'll be sending to a new gallery, and I mean new. The gallery will be opening in a little over a month and I'm truly excited to be participating. How great to be participating in the inaugural exhibit of a new gallery. The owner is someone I will enjoy working with. She visited my studio recently and I did not hestitate to sign on after our meeting. Sometimes you just know when it's right.

This past weekend was stellar! I had an encaustic workshop in my studio. That's an inauguration of a sort too since I have been traveling to other locations for workshops. I had three very enthusiastic participants who were excellent artists. It was fun to watch as they started on the "encaustic road". I don't know if they will continue to pursue the technique but I know it was a good experience for all of us. I plan a followup workshop weekend after next.
I keep saying variations of inaugural, you think politics could be responsible? Though I try to keep it out of the studio it's seeping everywhere.

No comments: