Monday, October 27, 2008

Cool

Today it was cool. I loved it and spent the day reorganizing my studio. My goal is to get rid of more "stuff". I truly want more room to breathe. Funny but I like a clean slate..working with too much visual stimulation does not work for me. Following the advice of Louise Bourgeois (I'm paraphrasing of course), I clean, clean, clean and then work.

Before I left the studio this afternoon I readied a large canvas and I do mean large. Tomorrow will be a return to oil painting. After looking at some of the paintings that I'll deliver to the new gallery, I know that I want to paint with the gooey paint. I'm ready for some fun. And ready for color. The last encaustics that I've completed have certainly been of the more subdued variety. O.k. I'm ready to face the large white surface with large brushes in hand.

No comments: