Friday, November 27, 2009

Creativity and the Holidays


Each year I notice that as the year winds down it is harder to work. I go in the studio in the morning and sit for a long time or pace around and around trying to decide how to proceed. It's hard for me to know if it is the outside world invading the studio or just a memory overload from all holidays past. There is definitely a sea change in the atmosphere.


I remember several years ago having an exhibit open in January. The struggle to finish all the work in December was very daunting and I determined never to schedule another exhibit in January and have kept that promise to myself.


Each year I plan a vacation during this time. It seems the best thing to do under the circumstances and at least I can leisurely draw and take photographs just for myself. This year it will be the beach, sand, cold wind and breaking waves that will in concert by my muse.

No comments: