Sunday, May 02, 2010

Paintings This Week


This morning I'm taking stock of the past week which was creatively fun and successful. I finished the last of the paintings that were started earlier in the spring and found inspiration in unexpected places. I'm not a gardener at least not for many years but since moving into the apartment where I live now I have a renewed interest in everything growing. The grounds are simply beautiful with so many flowering shrubs, flowers, and trees, including fruit trees of every variety. I enjoy without actually working to maintain them. I almost feel guilty but not really. The grounds crew is far more knowledgeable and efficient than I would be now. The studio and painting really chew up everyday very nicely. The center courtyard this year was a sea of azaleas of many varieties. I've never been a big fan of azaleas but have been converted this year.


The painting pictured here was inspired by the beautiful spring. "Essence".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Hope I get to see this one. Is it in a gallery at present?

Helen DeRamus said...

It is at Frameworks Gallery in Marietta. Thanks for the compliment!