Friday, December 19, 2008

Fauveland

I can't believe this week. Painting in oil again was tremendous fun, a break from fusing. I needed a break. But what happened is astounding to me. The Fauves came to see me. All of the sudden my paintings were being painted with pure color right from the tube. Now I grant you the underpaintings were not pure hues.
How did this happen? I had been working on some pretty stunning color in encaustic but I don't remember in the last five years having the "wild beast" come to visit. Am I pleased? You bet. The paintings startle me when I look at them; But, I'm growing accustom to the look and it's growing on me.

I have been working on paintings for dk Gallery since they will be featured in January but I really had no idea that my color box would spill all these great hues: reds, oranges and OMG even a violet fell on my paintings. It's hard to paint small abstracts...for me it's hard, but I actually like these.

Well they are too wet to photograph so I'll post the results in a day or two. On the other hand I do have one ready so here goes.

No comments: