Saturday, September 01, 2007

Georgia Women Artists Blog



Check out the new blog, Georgia Women Artists. Look forward to interesting discussions. The first entry has great photos of the recent exhibition in Athens, Georgia, "Stretch". It was an amazing experience to be part of the exhibition. But perhaps even better was to see the other artists as they installed their work. Many, many hours went into the creation of those works.




New encaustics, my format is getting bigger and I'm certainly getting more ambitious with the texture becoming richer and richer. An unusual format for me, I'm painting round images in a square. Boundless symbolism. The inspiration for the images is coming from NASA photos. I'm of course not recreating the photos but rather using the color and texture for my underpaintings.

No comments: