Monday, February 26, 2007

It Won't Work


What, I forgot how to log in! Don't tell me I'm not keeping up with my wish to blog. Alas. I have been brush to canvas for several weeks now. Starting and starting a painting which will never work. I can't make it work. I cannot direct the art I have to let go and let it come. Oh brother. So I have put it away and have begun again on an image that will work, I'm sure it will?


I am enjoying the oil paint again and am ready to start on new encaustics. Everyday I think the commission is finished and it will be possible to get to the lovely wax. Well, maybe tomorrow is the day.


I heard a great lecture (courtesy of Netflix) on Louise Bourgeois. How wonderful that she has created a sculpture that will celebrate the lives of those who were lost in the tsunami. I would very much like to see it in person.

No comments: